Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Praying to the Porcelain Gods

A few years ago, this meant something vastly different. But as the mother of at soon-to-be three year old we're singin' the praises of the potty these days!!! After day two and only one accident (and even a #2 in the potty), I've got nothing to complain about . . . but is it too much to ask that a trip to the bathroom not interfere with dinner on the table ready for everyone to sit down and eat at 7:45 pm.

It's late, it's been a long day, I ran six miles, have been without a husband for three days because he's trying a case this week, we've endured the bank opening savings accounts for three little people, Trader Joe's for apples that weren't there, CVS for potty treats and Walgreens for a certain plastic daggar that #2 had to have and I said he could get if he was good. So dinner's on and #3 decides he wants a "cow tail" and that's a poop treat, so he's off to the potty, but it's not just a sit there and do your business trip, it's an I've got to be completly naked and need my special potty seat from upstairs and I'm just going to sit there and wait trip. Oh, and did I mention that I ran 6 miles and haven't showered yet, and I STINK and can hardly stand to be in the same room as myself!!!

To those of you who are going through the same thing, I'm sorry to complain, I know there are many many many more things to complain about with regards to getting out of diapers. My life is pretty good, all in all.

2 comments:

fer said...

Hoo boy. I've got a naked pooper too. Hard to explain to people...

Hang in there!

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

good luck! #1 touches it #3 has to be naked!