Friday, August 1, 2008

Lazy Summer Days

I love beginning the days reading stories to my children in bed.  

Next, I love it when I ask them for a few minutes, (uninterrupted (ha ha!) on the computer so I can pay bills), and I overhear the make believe game they've created.  Our sons have developed recurring dog characters, Rex & Rover, who visit our house and according to my mom, "it's amazing how they stay in character."  So they'd come up with a dog school, and our daughter was the teacher/principal or something like that.  They entertained themselves for about an hour with this game.  We were all happy as clams.  

We were in desperate need of a Costco trip, so we went, came home, made lunch and put away everything while they watched School House Rock.  What is better than getting out of the car and hearing your son sing, "Lolly lolly lolly, get your adverbs here."  I had to put my hand on my head to keep from floating away.

I love having nothing to do.