Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Good Times

The last few days have been great, mostly because I've had the patience and peace of mind to enjoy what's going on. For myself, I've been able to run, catch a few chapters in my book while the kids are playing on the playground, and manage to keep on top of housework. I've also been able to laugh with my children while they dance, read stories at the library, watch a movie with them, and just BE with them.

The irony of the evening occurred when we came home from making birdhouses at the library. Child #3 fell asleep in the car, much to my chagrin because I've recently discovered that naps=late late bedtime for him. I got him out of the car and he proceeded to cry about everything, the show on TV, the location of his new birdhouse, the color of my hair (not really, but it sure felt like it), on and on. In the car earlier I gave the kids the option of pizza, mac & cheese or soup for dinner. #1 chose mac & cheese, #2 chose pizza, and #3 wanted mac & cheese. The older two were more than happy with their choices, but #3 was of course a wreck, too hot, too cold, so I offered him pizza, but the plate was the wrong color. By this time I just pulled out some spinach for myself, and he went crazy. He had two bowls before he even attempted his pizza. Oh, and he stopped crying, and is now happily playing with his brother & sister.

Good times.

No comments: