Thursday, January 24, 2008

A few more of my favorite things



This past weekend #2 and I flew home to visit my dad for the long weekend. The first meal I had was at my favorite burrito shack. I practically fasted for two meals before just to fully appreciate the meal. And it was all I've hoped for and waited for over a year.

While I was home, I was able to meet my college roommate and her husband for lunch one day. She and I were assigned to a quad our freshman year and since we were both from the same town, I called her before we arrived on campus. After hanging up the phone, I thought, "Oh no, what have I gotten myself into?" She sounded terribly boring on the phone. She told me later that I'd woken her up and she was a little disoriented. Anyway, she has become one of my favorite people. I love her sense of humor and her honesty. She is a true friend, who I could not talk to for a month or more, and we'd just pick up where we left off. The thing that makes me smile is that her husband has the same dry sense of humor and mild manner that she does. I feel like I've known him forever because they just seem like two parts of the same whole.

My best friend and I have recently started making ponchos for little girls. The two most recent ones are pictured above (I'm not quite the blogging genius I might like to be in order to put the images right where I'd like them, oh well). I love being creative and useful.

No comments: